Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Water Baptism: On one hand it really does come down to an issue of ________________.
Acts 19:4-5 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Baptism is simply a ________ _______________ of a ______ _____________________.
- It’s an __________ _______ of an ___________ _____________.
There are a few ways we get ________ ______ when it comes to water baptism.
- We make it about a _________________ or church _______________ rather than a _________ ___________.
- Sometimes we make it about our _________ ___________ rather than our _____ _____________.
- We wait until we _______ _________ to be baptized.
- We think baptism is the way you get to ____________.
Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
- Water Baptism is not what saves you, it’s just the ______ _________ saved people do.
- Baptism isn’t as much about salvation as it is about ____________________.
Acts 2:37-42 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.